Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

how can i restrict calls and texts from coming thru that are not an approved contact?

I want to restrict incoming texts and phone calls on an iphone.

I do not want to see any names or numbers come across that are not listed in my conntacts.

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:34 AM

Hello!

If you are trying to prevent unknown call from ringing your phone you are going to have to use services provided by your carrier. In the USA most carries provide a specific app that is designed specifically to assist in preventing unwanted or unknown calls from ringing your phone. I highly recommend reaching out to your carrier to get details about that feature.

For your text messages you can use the filtering option for Messages to sort and turn off notifications for messages coming in from unknown senders. Below is an image detailing how to set this up:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 9:34 AM in response to KWSally2023

Hello!

If you are trying to prevent unknown call from ringing your phone you are going to have to use services provided by your carrier. In the USA most carries provide a specific app that is designed specifically to assist in preventing unwanted or unknown calls from ringing your phone. I highly recommend reaching out to your carrier to get details about that feature.

For your text messages you can use the filtering option for Messages to sort and turn off notifications for messages coming in from unknown senders. Below is an image detailing how to set this up:

how can i restrict calls and texts from coming thru that are not an approved contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.