Set up homepod mini in office

I am trying to use a HomePod mini in my office.

I followed Apple's directions to set it up at home first. At the office I get the prompt to switch to a different network. It shows the two networks, my home network and the office network my phone is connected to.

I click to do that but it does not work. Nothing happens.

What are my other options? I have the MAC address.

HomePod mini

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:16 AM

Hello! As an IT guy I can say that you might have some issues connecting a personal smart device to a corporate network. Some work/corporate networks have a specific log in process that some smart devices can not navigate. For example, when you connect to a work network using a laptop it may initially prompt you for a network password then after you connect it may pop open a browser window requesting further verification. If this is how your work network is set up then you might have issues connecting your HomePod to the network in your office at work. Another thing to be aware of is that when you connect your homepod to the work network other users might be able to connect to it as well...

I would recommend reaching out to the IT team at your office to confirm what devices they allow to connect to the network.

If they do not have any specific restrictions feel free to come back at let us know and someone might be able to provide further insight!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 9:16 AM in response to Bob Elmore

Hello! As an IT guy I can say that you might have some issues connecting a personal smart device to a corporate network. Some work/corporate networks have a specific log in process that some smart devices can not navigate. For example, when you connect to a work network using a laptop it may initially prompt you for a network password then after you connect it may pop open a browser window requesting further verification. If this is how your work network is set up then you might have issues connecting your HomePod to the network in your office at work. Another thing to be aware of is that when you connect your homepod to the work network other users might be able to connect to it as well...

I would recommend reaching out to the IT team at your office to confirm what devices they allow to connect to the network.

If they do not have any specific restrictions feel free to come back at let us know and someone might be able to provide further insight!

Nov 9, 2023 10:14 AM in response to Bob Elmore

I apologize for the delay in responding to you. The answer depends on how your network admins have the network set up. There are some networks that can allow mobile devices to connect to the Wi-Fi network but they may restrict various "smart home" devices. Obviously Apple is on the more secure side of the various developers making smart home devices however, the answer to your question will depend on what is allowed to connect the network.

I would reach out to your local IT Admin to see if what you are trying to do is allowed.

Set up homepod mini in office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.