Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Where can I see which iPhones still get security updates and for how long they will recieve them?

I want to know which iPhones still receive security updates and for how long they will be supported for? I know it's all online, I saw it very recently, but for some reason I cannot find it anywhere today. Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:51 AM

There is no official prediction for future support, but if you browse to

iOS 17 - Apple

You will find the list of devices supported in iOS 17 (Sept 2023). It doesn't take a genius to work out the current list goes back about 5 years. There are also some additional security updates for older models

You will find the current list of vintage and obsolete products at

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 10:51 AM in response to McQueeny

There is no official prediction for future support, but if you browse to

iOS 17 - Apple

You will find the list of devices supported in iOS 17 (Sept 2023). It doesn't take a genius to work out the current list goes back about 5 years. There are also some additional security updates for older models

You will find the current list of vintage and obsolete products at

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

Mar 20, 2024 3:23 AM in response to Branta_uk

This is a list of devices compatible with the latest OS, not a list of devices receiving up-to-date security patches. Many people don't care about the latest OS features: They just want to know whether and for how long their phone is still safe to use. Is there a warning displayed somewhere on the phone when it's obsolete?

Where can I see which iPhones still get security updates and for how long they will recieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.