Can I leave my current Sim card in my old iPhone 7 and use eSim in my new iPhone 11

I just bought an iPhone 11. Should I transfer my iPhone 7 sim card to the new phone, or can I leave it in iPhone 7 as back up and use the eSim option in my iPhone 11?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 1:30 PM

Contact your network provider to move your phone number from your physical SIM to an eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation or by scanning a QR code. Tap Convert Mobile Data Plan. Tap Convert to eSIM. Wait for your eSIM to activate.

See -> About eSIM on iPhone -> About eSIM on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

And if you want to use your iPhone 7 as a spare device, you can use a prepaid SIM card for the iPhone 7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 1:30 PM in response to excelsior475W

Contact your network provider to move your phone number from your physical SIM to an eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation or by scanning a QR code. Tap Convert Mobile Data Plan. Tap Convert to eSIM. Wait for your eSIM to activate.

See -> About eSIM on iPhone -> About eSIM on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

And if you want to use your iPhone 7 as a spare device, you can use a prepaid SIM card for the iPhone 7.

Can I leave my current Sim card in my old iPhone 7 and use eSim in my new iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.