Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

i forget my phone passcode

i forgot my phone passcode

i

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 2:59 PM

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 2:59 PM in response to omarqasem125

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Oct 2, 2023 3:00 PM in response to omarqasem125

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode, you'll need to erase and reset the device.

How to reset your device in iOS 17

If you're using an eSIM on iOS 16 or earlier, contact your carrier before trying these steps and ask for a QR code to set up your eSIM again.

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try to enter your passcode until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later.
  2. When you're able to, tap the Forgot Passcode? option in the bottom corner of the screen.
  3. On the Security Lockout screen, tap Start [Device] Reset to confirm.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your device.
  5. Tap Erase [Device] to permanently delete all of your data and settings. If you use an eSIM with iOS 17 or later, you can also choose to keep your eSIM and erase your data, or to delete your eSIM and erase your data.

6. When your device restart, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device again, restore your data and setting from a backup, and set a new passcode.

If you can't follow these steps, you can use a computer to reset your device.

You can only reach the "Security Lockout" screen if you have an active cellular or Wi-Fi connection and previously enabled Find My on your device. After you try to enter your password ten times, your device will either erase itself or show Security Lockout and the Forgot Passcode? option without a timer, depending on how you previously set up your device. 

You can learn more about this process here: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

i forget my phone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.