Watch Update FAIL

After enjoying using Apple Watches since I was given a Series 1 in 2015, I’m dismayed by the latest “update” to my current SE. It’s as though those responsible have forgotten two basic things about many of their customers, namely their age and their habits.

I’ve been wearing a watch on my wrist for almost 60 years and I’m annoyed that they have chosen to change what the upswipe reveals about battery life, etc. and instead requiring a side button push. What was the reason to change a habit of 8 years? My aging eyes also find the percentage smaller and harder to read although hopefully there is a fix for that somewhere in the app. I like to be able to use the watch without glasses at times and this update made that harder.

Secondly, now when I finish a workout it insists on asking if I REALLY want to end it? Unlike a phone or iPad, it’s unlikely a user has accidentally tried to end a workout or indeed activate anything on the small screen of a watch. Please stop requiring confirmation!

Sorry for the whinge but this update has failed to increase my enjoyment or use of my watch considerably and I hope it can be rectified or made optional. Not aware of any of the other “benefits” it bestowed, I’ll have to ask my son.

Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 4:47 AM

If you want to provide feedback for apple, please use this form

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply

Watch Update FAIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.