You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a notification saying "Airpods seen moving with you", but I don't have airpods and I was sleeping at the time the airpods were moving. I'm a little concerned. What can I do?

I got a notification saying "airpods seen moving with you", but I don't own airpods. I never have. No friend or anyone has ever connected their airpods to my phone.

I checked the notification and it says the airpods were last seen moving with me at 2:49am. I was asleep.

I'm a little concerned because it says the owner of the device is tracking my location.

How is it possible someone connected to my iphone without having the phone?

Is it possible that it was actually an airTAG that has been seen moving with me, but the notification just incorrectly said airPODS? I did have an airtag that I may have lost, just wondering if it could be mistaken for that.

Is there anything I can do to stop them from being able to track my location? Share my location was already off.

Thank you!

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 4:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 4:24 PM

Hi there,

If you received one of those alerts on your iPhone, it means an item compatible with the Find My network could be traveling with you, and the owner may be able to see its location. This could be an AirTag, AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max or a Find My network accessory from manufacturers other than Apple. In your case, it seems to be AirPods.

AirPods can track their own location without being paired to your device.

While false positives are always a possibility, I strongly suggest you read the following guide to locate, identify, and disable the item that may be following you: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory or set of AirPods is with you – Apple Support (UK)

Stay safe.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2023 4:24 PM in response to ad2537

Hi there,

If you received one of those alerts on your iPhone, it means an item compatible with the Find My network could be traveling with you, and the owner may be able to see its location. This could be an AirTag, AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max or a Find My network accessory from manufacturers other than Apple. In your case, it seems to be AirPods.

AirPods can track their own location without being paired to your device.

While false positives are always a possibility, I strongly suggest you read the following guide to locate, identify, and disable the item that may be following you: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory or set of AirPods is with you – Apple Support (UK)

Stay safe.

Oct 2, 2023 4:38 PM in response to ad2537

It's not your lost AirTag.

There was somebody else nearby with AirPods, presumably on a bus, train, car, plane, tandem bicycle, whatever.

Any moderate- or longer-duration trip with other people nearby can see these reports.

The AirPods were not paired with your iPhone.

If the AirPods are no longer being reported as nearby, whatever traveler was nearby is no longer.

The previously-linked Apple Support article is a good starting point for better understanding.

Got a notification saying "Airpods seen moving with you", but I don't have airpods and I was sleeping at the time the airpods were moving. I'm a little concerned. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.