Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since installing iOS 17 on my iPad Pro I can no longer find formatting options for writing emails. Can anyone advise me please?

Since installing iOS 17 on my iPad Pro I can no longer find formatting options for writing emails. Can anyone advise me how to find it please?

iPad Pro (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 6:17 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2023 6:28 PM in response to AngieMSWC

To change the format of your text while composing an email in the iPadOS Mail app, try the following:

1. Tap such that you are editing the body of the message
  2. Ensure you have the full-size keyboard open*. If you have the smaller floating keyboard enabled, drag the small bar at the bottom of the keyboard to the bottom of your screen. This should open the full-size keyboard.
  3. Tap the "Aa" button on the left side of your screen, just above the keyboard.

You should now see text formatting options. If this is not working, try restarting your iPad.

\* if you have the Magic Keyboard or Smart Keyboard Folio attached, you can find the formatting options button toward the bottom left of your screen. It looks like this -> "Aa"

Since installing iOS 17 on my iPad Pro I can no longer find formatting options for writing emails. Can anyone advise me please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.