Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Only 60 Most Recent Items Shown in Music Recently Added on Mac OS Sonoma

The recently added music section of the library on Mac computers used to show all music added from most recent to very first addition. The new OS Sonoma now only shows the last 60 items added. IOS for iPhone and iPad always showed the last 60 items added and now Sonoma has followed suit. That’s disappointing because I really liked going back and seeing when I added items/albums. I was able to back to 2008 and see what was first added. I hope Apple willadd that back into future Mac OS systems updates.

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 6:19 PM

8 replies

Nov 27, 2023 7:03 PM in response to Ryanjs69

Couldn't agree more. Just updated this week and am literally in turmoil. As a huge music head, I add music everyday and have over 40,000 files between Apple Music and my own personal mp3 downloads.

How could the UX designers at Apple allow this? No one thought about how people enjoy going back through their entire library by the year? Now we are forced into the most recent 60, with our only option to scroll by album?!

I am hoping for a miracle that Apple will consider reverting back and if anything, expanding on the idea of having all of your music visible in one place!

Only 60 Most Recent Items Shown in Music Recently Added on Mac OS Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.