Is it possible to remove inactive subscription from the list on my iphone ?

I want to be able to remove expired or canceled subscriptions and not wait whole year to be removed from the list.

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2023 12:29 AM

Yes we should have a delete option for the expired subscriptions. If we want to resume a subscription we can redo that in the app anyway. So no need to wait for entire year to remove an expired or cancelled subscription. Please add delete option.

19 replies

Mar 4, 2024 6:06 PM in response to Dalibor226

I was curious about Tinder, installed it and subscribed 1 day. Then immediately unsubscribe and deleted it.

But it stayed in inactive list of subscription. I did everything to delete this without success. Now I had divorce, lost my wife, my child and 300k$ because of this… Be careful, these people are evil. Never make a mistake by trusting you have privacy.

Oct 3, 2023 5:51 AM in response to Dalibor226

You can't delete subscriptions from your purchase history but you can hide them. See this document: Hide purchases from the App Store; click here --> Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support . Confusingly it only mentions hiding apps but according to Apple (as Recommended in: how do i delete an expired subscription - Apple Community ) subscriptions get hidden too.

Mar 2, 2024 12:35 PM in response to Celt007

The answer in your case is simple- don't let other people use your phone. Or if you do, set up Screen Time to prevent people from looking at your purchase history. Or just monitor what others do while using your phone.

Apple doesn't say why they don't let you remove your purchase history. For apps and media it may be that people might change their minds later and then complain bitterly that Apple won't let them restore their purchase history. I don't know that they disappear even after a year, the way Thekingsboss claims.

Mar 2, 2024 1:11 PM in response to Celt007

Apples response “The answer in your case is simple- don't let other people use your phone. Or if you do, set up Screen Time to prevent people from looking at your purchase history. Or just monitor what others do while using your phone.

Apple doesn't say why they don't let you remove your purchase history. For apps and media it may be that people might change their minds later and then complain bitterly that Apple won't let them restore their purchase history. I don't know that they disappear even after a year, the way Thekingsboss claims.

Is it possible to remove inactive subscription from the list on my iphone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.