Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timer option missing in iOS 17?

Before IOS 17, I used the timer a lot, since it was the only way to know when I should be clocking out for work, I know there is alarms, but the timer before showed the end hour. Ex, set a timer at 7 am for 8 hours, it told you that the end hour was going to be 3 pm, now is missing and I cannot use this anymore. Did apple forgot about this? Or I am just not setting this right? It was so handy when you have a variable work clock in time.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 5:49 PM

I HATE the new Timer on IOS 17. It was perfectly useful in past versions of IOS. I liked seeing the countdown AND the actual time the timer was set to ring. You ruined a perfectly good ap. Please fix it back to the was it worked in the past.

66 replies

Dec 1, 2023 10:39 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Wow, you’re right but it never would have crossed my mind to hold my finger down on the timer if I hadn’t read this thread. It’s a pain I have to do that and I often adjust the timer by a few minutes when I see what the end time will be. All that requires more clicks now.

And I agree with so many people on here who find it unnecessary and inconvenient to save all my past timers. I was much happier with the old timer!

Nov 28, 2023 6:58 AM in response to SuebabyPT

SuebabyPT wrote:

Yes!! Please bring back the old timer. I use it to take a Power Nap or instead of snoozing to see the end time which was SO helpful. Also, having to delete multiple timers is very annoying. Thank you!!

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 3, 2023 10:21 AM in response to vzamorales

vzamorales wrote:

And yes, the ability to see the time of the day that the timer will end was removed in iOS 17 - just yesterday we were using the latest version of iOS 16 and the feature was there.

I participated in at least on thread prior to the release of iOS 17 where someone complained of the same issue. I remember it well because no one who was trying to help, me included, had ever noticed that the timer ever had that information.

Please fix. This is a must in the timer function.

Tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

No one participatin in this thread can "fix" anything.

Nov 25, 2023 9:56 AM in response to Darthniela

Me three! I really miss that awesome feature that told me "In 21 minutes it will be three o'clock!" I used it all the time! For cooking, planning how to arrive at a destination at a particular time. It is a brilliant feature for a timer. I am sure glad Apple thought of it!

I can only imagine why they abandoned it!! A lion attack? Some other entity won the Copyright battle for this brilliant idea. Some Apple engineer that doesn't have kids, never cooks, and has no boss hoping for reports to be on time, must have convinced the Apple Team to remove this awesome function! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LOL, love you Apple crew and Pleeeease bring back our old timer!!!! No pun intended! 😉

Feb 24, 2024 6:09 PM in response to rh2023

rh2023 wrote:

Please tell APPLE about your annoyance →Product Feedback - Apple.

Maybe if they fix the app people will stop voicing their opinion on a discussion board, although I’m not sure why you have an issue with that…

That’s what I said. I find it interesting that if a feature isn’t liked by someone they assume that all 2 billion iPhone users must agree with them.

And I have sent feedback, thanking Apple for the improvements to the timer function.

Feb 24, 2024 12:45 PM in response to cristina475

cristina475 wrote:

The previous timer was excellent. The new one is useless for all of the reasons shared already. The new list of previous times set is not really useful and a waste of time clearing them off. It was incredibly USEFUL to know what time the timer would end at. Please go back to the what it was like before. It worked perfectly well. Thank you.

Interesting. I use the list of previous timers CONSTANTLY. It is a really powerful new feature.

Timer option missing in iOS 17?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.