Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Hello !! Why can’t use my Apple id balance as a default payment method.

I redeem an Apple gift card to my Apple ID account .. but I can’t use it as payment method . I remove my credit card that a was using as a default payment method.. but now I can’t use my Apple ID balance.

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 10:55 AM

but now I can’t use my Apple ID balance.

If you have enough money in your Apple Account balance, all you have to do is -> you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

See -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

and ⤵️

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 10:55 AM in response to CesarRM93

but now I can’t use my Apple ID balance.

If you have enough money in your Apple Account balance, all you have to do is -> you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

See -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

and ⤵️

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

Hello !! Why can’t use my Apple id balance as a default payment method.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.