Mainstage patches adding tremolo when changed

I'm running Mainstage 3 and using a packaged keyboard concert that I got from keyboardtek. For some reason, when I change to certain patches, the patch adds tremolo or a watery sound. This does not happen every patch change, and I don't know what's triggering it. I have C7 and B6 assigned as my patch change buttons, but the panic button also seems to be assigned to C7. It seems that C7 is somehow implicated in making the tremolo sound. Any help appreciated!!!!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 11:28 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2024 12:02 PM in response to EllieShattles

Hey, if you still haven't found a solution, I hope this reaches you even though it's a long time ago...

I had the same problem when I had a synth or some sort of pad in my patch. Suddenly this huge tremolo would appear. When I clicked on the instrument plugin (in my cases always an Alchemy pad or synth) I saw that at the bottom, in the "Perform" menu (look in the bottom-left of the picture), there is a drop-down menu called "ModWheel", and it was set to one of the controls. I just put it on "None" instead, and the tremolo disappeared immediately. This has worked both the times I experienced the problem.

Hope this helps! :)

Mainstage patches adding tremolo when changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.