Apple ID for two countries

I am dual citizen, USA and Canadian, I travel often between countries for work family etc. My Apple ID was created in Canada, while most of the apps are just fine there are a few which require USA as region. Is there a way to have both countries on an ID? I’m afraid to change to USA and lose my Canadian online banking etc apps.

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 2:35 PM

You can only set an ID to one country at a time. You can change country settings but this can be tedious if done frequently.

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

The other route is to set up an ID in each country but then it too is tedious if you are using mobile devices which can only hold one ID at a time.

Generally content that is on a device will stay on a device and will work. The only issues may have to do with particularities as to settings if you encounter such. Of course you can't update those apps if the app isn't available in the other country.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 2:35 PM in response to Andrew-1974

You can only set an ID to one country at a time. You can change country settings but this can be tedious if done frequently.

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

The other route is to set up an ID in each country but then it too is tedious if you are using mobile devices which can only hold one ID at a time.

Generally content that is on a device will stay on a device and will work. The only issues may have to do with particularities as to settings if you encounter such. Of course you can't update those apps if the app isn't available in the other country.

Apple ID for two countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.