Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Music playlist header takes up too much space, how to get rid of it?

Upgraded to Monterey, I am shocked to see how much space the header section takes up when viewing a playlist in Music. I am even more dismayed to discover that there are no user controls available to remove that obtrusive playlist header section. WHY DID APPLE DO THAT? Is it true that there is no way to regain viewable real estate in a playlist window?

Since it seems as though there is no way, is there an alternative to Music that has a more practical and user-friendly interface?

Has anyone used Swinsian? If so, can you vouch for that as a viable, stable alternative. Does it work well with music libraries that have hundreds of thousands of songs, and thousands of playlists?

Mac mini, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 2:07 AM

Hi,

This has been an issue for a few years now. I suggest that you provide feedback. Feedback - Apple Music - Apple

There are a number of alternative apps. Suggest that you search to find alternatives. Personally, I continue you use music app despite its inadequacies as it provides functions such play count tracking. It is also essential if you have an Apple Music subscription.

Jim

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 2:07 AM in response to onhold

Hi,

This has been an issue for a few years now. I suggest that you provide feedback. Feedback - Apple Music - Apple

There are a number of alternative apps. Suggest that you search to find alternatives. Personally, I continue you use music app despite its inadequacies as it provides functions such play count tracking. It is also essential if you have an Apple Music subscription.

Jim

Apple Music playlist header takes up too much space, how to get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.