Roku Apple TV app sign in issue

For the last month or two, every time I go to the Roku Apple TV app it starts as if I don’t have a subscription. I have to go to the gear to select my Apple ID. I don’t even need to enter a password. Any ideas on how to get it back to when it used to open with my ID already recognized?

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 6:58 PM

Hi! Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Since this is only occurring with Roku, I would suggest deleting the Apple TV app and making sure that your Roku TV is fully updated to the latest version. After checking for updates, try to reinstall the app, and test further.

Check out this link to learn how to update Roku to the latest version:

How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player

Hopefully these steps will help solve the issue. If not, reply to this message. You can also check out Roku's support page.

Best of luck,

Bryce

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 6:58 PM in response to berzerk03

Hi! Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Since this is only occurring with Roku, I would suggest deleting the Apple TV app and making sure that your Roku TV is fully updated to the latest version. After checking for updates, try to reinstall the app, and test further.

Check out this link to learn how to update Roku to the latest version:

How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player

Hopefully these steps will help solve the issue. If not, reply to this message. You can also check out Roku's support page.

Best of luck,

Bryce

Roku Apple TV app sign in issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.