Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Playlists Disappeared After Music Billing Info Updated

I’m really REALLY disappointed to see that all my saved playlists are suddenly gone. My mother has me and four other people on a family shared plan for Apple Music and my her previous card was compromised. She just got a notification in the app today to update her billing info. She updated it today and it charged her so the next billing date is in a month. I see my subscription is back but why aren’t my playlists back? How do I restore them?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 2:40 PM

G'day AlexandraP,

We see you have a question about recovering playlists from your Apple Music. While we're not sure how long your subscription was inactive, it's possible that you might need to rebuild your library and playlists if a subscription went inactive: Add and download music from Apple Music - Apple Support

As another possibility, you may just need to double-check that Sync Library is turned on as shown below: Use Sync Library with your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support

"How to turn on Sync Library on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Apple Music app and tap the photo icon Photo icon. Tap Account Settings and make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use with your Apple Music subscription.
  2. Open the Settings app.
  3. Tap Music.
  4. Turn on Sync Library. Don't see Sync Library?
  5. iPhone showing Sync Library turned on in Music Settings.
  6. Turn on Sync Library on your other devices."

We hope that helps. Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 2:40 PM in response to AlexandraP

G'day AlexandraP,

We see you have a question about recovering playlists from your Apple Music. While we're not sure how long your subscription was inactive, it's possible that you might need to rebuild your library and playlists if a subscription went inactive: Add and download music from Apple Music - Apple Support

As another possibility, you may just need to double-check that Sync Library is turned on as shown below: Use Sync Library with your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support

"How to turn on Sync Library on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Apple Music app and tap the photo icon Photo icon. Tap Account Settings and make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use with your Apple Music subscription.
  2. Open the Settings app.
  3. Tap Music.
  4. Turn on Sync Library. Don't see Sync Library?
  5. iPhone showing Sync Library turned on in Music Settings.
  6. Turn on Sync Library on your other devices."

We hope that helps. Best wishes.

Playlists Disappeared After Music Billing Info Updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.