endless loop

I keep getting endless loop of different password requests when trying to add Keychain to a new load of IOS Catalina. This also happens when I get a statement that some services will not work unless I update my Apple ID. I have tried all of the previous tricks from older posts such as reloading the OS, renaming the "Key Folder", signing in and out then restarting the computer.

Nothing has worked and as of today, this is Day 8 of the endless loops.

This is crazy considering that most Apple products and apps just work!

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 9:02 AM

If you’re asked for access to your keychain on Mac - Apple Support

Use the above link which explains how to manage your keychains. You should always allow your Keychain logins. When you allow once, it gets into the loop. A restart may be necessary to break the loop.

command-option-escape can force quit apps if you can't close them otherwise. Keep in mind any documents not saved in those apps will lose their changes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Russrwl

If you’re asked for access to your keychain on Mac - Apple Support

Use the above link which explains how to manage your keychains. You should always allow your Keychain logins. When you allow once, it gets into the loop. A restart may be necessary to break the loop.

command-option-escape can force quit apps if you can't close them otherwise. Keep in mind any documents not saved in those apps will lose their changes.

endless loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.