Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How Do I Delete Emojis I Find Offensive

Some emojis are offensive, and they often become more so with each new iOS release. I don’t them want them on my devices.

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 5:32 AM

Emojis are NOT characters of the English alphabet. They are “add on” creations of their author, so ultimately, they are deciding where the line of acceptability is which is always being pushed further.

Anyone familiar with even the basic development process knows they could allow their removal if they wanted to provide it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 5:32 AM in response to TheLittles

Emojis are NOT characters of the English alphabet. They are “add on” creations of their author, so ultimately, they are deciding where the line of acceptability is which is always being pushed further.

Anyone familiar with even the basic development process knows they could allow their removal if they wanted to provide it.

Oct 7, 2023 5:16 AM in response to Ricky Leigh

Ricky Leigh wrote:

I've never seen anything that lets users customize the font display on their device to remove some characters. That's what it would require given the way emoji's currently work. But feel free to ask for this via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Oct 4, 2023 5:35 PM in response to Ricky Leigh

There is no option to this on any device…Apple or otherwise. You can only opt to not use the ones you are not interested in. Offensive is subjective so there isn’t a real way to fairly fit what you deem offensive without it impeding on those that do not find the same ones offensive. May not be the answer some like but the only option is to not use the ones you don’t like. You can also turn off the emoji keyboard if you like but I don’t know if it stops you from using emojis period. If it’s just an issue with certain ones existing there’s nothing you can do.

Oct 4, 2023 5:49 PM in response to Ricky Leigh

"How Do I Delete Emojis I Find Offensive  Some emojis are offensive, and they often become more so with each new iOS release. I don’t them want them on my devices."

-------

Recommend these Emojis be Deleted:

Apple is not the creator if these emojis. So, rather than recommending this deletion through Apple, you need to make a proposal for the deletion to The Unicode ConsortiumGo Here: Submitting Emoji Proposals - Unicode. That is your only option.

Oct 6, 2023 9:55 AM in response to Ricky Leigh

Ricky Leigh Said:

Emojis are NOT characters of the English alphabet. They are ‘add on’ creations of their author, so ultimately, they are deciding where the line of acceptability is which is always being pushed further.[…]

———-

Alphabet and Characters:

Put the letters “uni”, and a unicorn pops up. GMAB! Do I find that offensive? No. But a bit childish, if you ask me(which doesn’t suit my needs, being in the work industry).

How Do I Delete Emojis I Find Offensive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.