When the Journal app will be on iOS?

Does anyone know when the Journal app will be on iOS? Will it also be for iPadOS and MacOS?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2023 9:32 AM

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, take a look at Day One. It is, in my opinion, a far better app than this initial release by Apple. It's available on iOS, iPadOS, Mac and from a browser.

Thanks, I have already written that to Apple.

I know Day One as well since long time, but I definitely prefer the idea of an integrated Apple Journal app. I hope they will develop it further, and integrate it with the system more and more. We'll see.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2023 9:32 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, take a look at Day One. It is, in my opinion, a far better app than this initial release by Apple. It's available on iOS, iPadOS, Mac and from a browser.

Thanks, I have already written that to Apple.

I know Day One as well since long time, but I definitely prefer the idea of an integrated Apple Journal app. I hope they will develop it further, and integrate it with the system more and more. We'll see.

Dec 18, 2023 11:51 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

David_EU wrote:

If Apple could come up with something as good as Day One, I'd be all for it. But, right now, it doesn't hold a candle, especially since, on the iPhone, you can get the Apple Journal Suggestions from within Day One. And, I really hope Day One doesn't get Sherlocked.

Well, Journal is at the beginning, and I have a feeling that at the moment, it has been developped slowly to give a bit more time to Day One, and not "kill it" straight away. Just my opinion.

However, if Apple has decided to create a journal app, so be it, and they should soon implement it like it should be, giving us a complete app that we can use in all our devices, older devices as well, and that it is synchronised via iCloud. I believe and hope they will.

It's true that at the moment Day One is vast superior, but for what I do, Apple Journal will be good soon enough, if they just improve it a little bit. Specifically for writing I already use Notes and Draft, and I still have Day One, but I'm honest, I didn't see the need to be Premium anymore.

Day One is not the same independent team that was before, but I hope they will find a way to keep their paid customers happy. They should integrate their platform with Wordpress, and Apple should integrate Journal with Notes, Pages, iCal, Reminders, Mail, Safari and Health.

We'll see.

Oct 5, 2023 9:58 AM in response to Rogner

I think it’s going to be really cool regardless. I’ve been quite sceptical about the Apple Watch since its launch, but the introduction of the Journal app and how it will draw upon location, workouts etc now makes me really want a watch.

Apple haven’t shown much of the Journal app off yet, but I do think it has the power to establish journaling securely in a lot of people’s lives like mine, given it’s a native app, with privacy-focused access to location, health data etc. I personally haven’t established a regular journaling routine ever, but I think the multimedia integration of the Journal app might well help me.

Oct 16, 2023 8:15 AM in response to k_bx

k_bx wrote:

Man, can't wait for it. Notes under "lock" are just not a good fit for my personal journal entries. Search is crippled, no ability to insert media, not separated enough from other notes. Journal is such a good fit for this.

You might want to take a look at Day One. It's available for both iOS and macOS. Handles media very well. I've been using it for over a decade.

When the Journal app will be on iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.