Transferring from iphone 4 to a new iphone 5

Can you transfer your apps and data from iphone 4 to a new iphone 15

Using the "From another iphone"option?

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 12:11 PM

Nope. Not with quick start. Your only option is going to be to back it up, then restore the backup. Unless you meant to say from an iphone 14 to an iphone 15…

The iPhone 4 is obsolete and does not support quick start.

Actually, if you have an iPhone 4, don’t try to transfer. Just sign into the new phone with your icloud account and sync your data down. None of the 3rd party apps on your 4 are going to work on a 15.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 12:11 PM in response to mani_07

Nope. Not with quick start. Your only option is going to be to back it up, then restore the backup. Unless you meant to say from an iphone 14 to an iphone 15…

The iPhone 4 is obsolete and does not support quick start.

Actually, if you have an iPhone 4, don’t try to transfer. Just sign into the new phone with your icloud account and sync your data down. None of the 3rd party apps on your 4 are going to work on a 15.

Oct 5, 2023 12:25 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks - Yes its iphone 4 or 4s

On my iCloud I can see my default iPhone apps but not the Other ones (Facebook, Whatapp etc) that I installed myself. As I never had them backing up.

The standard ones I generally dont use.

1. So is it just best to manually install the apps I want and sign in with the passwords?
  2. Similar for the emails I can just re-sign into all the email accounts?
  3. And as for the apple photos app I have a lot of photos that are backing up to my icloud.

I dont need to move them all to my new phone so how do I prevent that?

Transferring from iphone 4 to a new iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.