You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ejecting USB External HARD DRIVE IPAD PRO M2

why can I not eject a USB drive from my M2 iPad PRO? you're kidding me that I have to turn it off to safely eject a drive... this is like 1997 all over again, you're Mail chicken Blocking Apple, and I don't like it! Plus, I almost lost very important folders, because although the iPad says it copied over, it ACTUALLY DIDNT! So unlike apple of the past, where if it's supposed to do something, it friggin does it. Not any more.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 12:39 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2023 7:29 AM in response to makaman

Hello makaman,

We'll be happy to share with you the information we found for using an external device with your iPad Pro.

If you go to Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support, you'll find at the end of step 2 it says the following:

* Disconnect the drive or card reader: Remove it from the charging port on iPad.

So you shouldn't have to power down your iPad Pro to remove the external drive from the port.

If you need help, let us know what, if any, message(s) appeared when trying to remove the USB drive.

Take care!

ejecting USB External HARD DRIVE IPAD PRO M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.