Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I don’t know my old passcode and if I rest with my new one will it lock my phone

If I reset will it lock my phone

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 5:36 PM

If you reset it that will restore your phone to factory settings.

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 5:36 PM in response to JoHicks

If you reset it that will restore your phone to factory settings.

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

Oct 5, 2023 5:38 PM in response to JoHicks

If I reset will it lock my phone

No it won't. It will erase the phone and restore it to factory default settings..... so you can set it up again with a new passcode.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you don't have a computer, try......How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Might be a good idea to write down the new passcode......even if you are sure that you will never forget it.

If you have a current backup of the phone, you can use that during the new setup, so the phone will look just like it did before you forgot the passcode.

I don’t know my old passcode and if I rest with my new one will it lock my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.