SUPER LARGE TEXT

iPhone 12 I think. Text is enormous. Prohibiting me from access to anything. Cannot turn off. Have taken out SIM card and put back in. Didn’t work. Have tried to turn off but pressing right and left buttons together. Also didn’t work. How do I get it to work again?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 9:57 PM

Seems you may be zoomed right in on your iPhone, and just need to Zoom out.

Try double-tapping the screen with three fingers to Zoom out.

How to: Zoom in on the iPhone screen - Apple Support

Another possibility: Magnify the iPhone screen with Display Zoom - Apple Support

6 replies

Oct 5, 2023 9:44 PM in response to Anita3110

Anita3110 Said:

"SUPER LARGE TEXT: iPhone 12 I think. Text is enormous. Prohibiting me from access to anything. Cannot turn off. Have taken out SIM card and put back in. Didn’t work. Have tried to turn off but pressing right and left buttons together. Also didn’t work. How do I get it to work again?"

-------

Troubleshooting Oversized-Text:

A. Close All Apps:

An app is accessing the camera. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

B. Restart your iPhone, Manually:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Oct 5, 2023 9:51 PM in response to Anita3110

Try to reboot and ‘do it fast’- first press in volume up button let go then press in volume down button fast and let go then press in on other side the off button and hold in and ‘DO NOT LET GO until you see the apple logo come on screen all by its self-let go. Wait for phone to prompt you on next move-you will then swipe up to open and punch in your pass code #. That may work. But how are you typing your problem out on someone else’s phone I guess?

SUPER LARGE TEXT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.