Accidentally deleted photos from my iPhone

On October 4th, I deleted all the photos from my phone, thinking I had them safely stored on my Macbook. but all photos are deleted. what should i do? help me….🙏🙏🙏

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 1:48 AM

When you use iCloud Photos, deleting a photo on one device deletes it everywhere – on that device, in iCloud, and on other devices and computers connected to the same iCloud account. So if you're trying to offload photos onto your Mac, you need to export (copy) them out of your system Photo Library to a safe place first, before you delete the synchronized copies. Otherwise … well, you discovered what happens.

That said, since you deleted the photos only a couple of days ago, they may still be available for recovery from the Recently Deleted album. See the Recover deleted photos or videos section of

Delete photos on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 1:48 AM in response to narantuya16

When you use iCloud Photos, deleting a photo on one device deletes it everywhere – on that device, in iCloud, and on other devices and computers connected to the same iCloud account. So if you're trying to offload photos onto your Mac, you need to export (copy) them out of your system Photo Library to a safe place first, before you delete the synchronized copies. Otherwise … well, you discovered what happens.

That said, since you deleted the photos only a couple of days ago, they may still be available for recovery from the Recently Deleted album. See the Recover deleted photos or videos section of

Delete photos on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Accidentally deleted photos from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.