Clearing music app cache

I use Apple Music app with subscription on macOS Sonoma. I had downloaded music then I removed /users/myusername/Music/Music folder which contained musics cache. After that the application still shows me the songs are downloaded. I've tried to clear cache in the application settings, remove /users/myusername/Library/Caches/*itunes/music* folders, turn off turn on library sync but no result

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 4:18 PM

Hello Elaxer,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

With Apple Music, deleting the files does not remove the song from your library. If you want to only delete the download but keep the music in your library, you will follow the steps here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

If you want to completely remove the content from your library, you will also need to remove the content from the library after the download is removed.

Kindest regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 4:18 PM in response to Elaxer

Hello Elaxer,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

With Apple Music, deleting the files does not remove the song from your library. If you want to only delete the download but keep the music in your library, you will follow the steps here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

If you want to completely remove the content from your library, you will also need to remove the content from the library after the download is removed.

Kindest regards.

Clearing music app cache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.