IpadPro external display always set to mirroring since iPadOS17

Hi there.

I have problems when connecting my external display to my iPad. Everytime i connect it the screen is mirrored. I have noticed you can change the settings both in „display & brightness“ as well as in „multitasking & gestures“. I have tried all possible combinations but still the the external monitor will always start in mirrored mode.

Problem exists since iPadOS 17.

iPadPro 11 inch 4th gen

LG 4k monitor model 27UK850 with USBC connector including charging (i dont know which standard too complicated ;-)

Please help me :-)

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 3:17 AM

Apple invites submission of bug reports via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you find a repeatable bug or missing feature, you would be well advised to report it - as unless you and/or others do so, Apple will not necessarily be aware of the issue. When submitting your report, ensure that you include your iPad model and installed version of iPadOS within the body or your report. Don't rely upon the pick-list, as this is rarely up to date with current models or OS releases.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 3:17 AM in response to owainm

Apple invites submission of bug reports via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you find a repeatable bug or missing feature, you would be well advised to report it - as unless you and/or others do so, Apple will not necessarily be aware of the issue. When submitting your report, ensure that you include your iPad model and installed version of iPadOS within the body or your report. Don't rely upon the pick-list, as this is rarely up to date with current models or OS releases.

Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM in response to owainm

When using Stage Manager, when connecting an external monitor, the iPad will initially mirror the iPad screen. This appears to be normal/characteristic iPadOS behaviour.

Having disabled display mirroring from iPad settings, the iPad should continue to use the extended desktop - until such time as the display is disconnected from the iPad.

IpadPro external display always set to mirroring since iPadOS17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.