Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Itunes in new pc: "You do not have enough access priviledges for this operation'

I have a new windows 11 PC and installed iTunes (version 12.12.10.1) - Several problems that I have never encountered with previous PCs:

1. Startup floating message: "You do not have enough access priviledges for this operation"
    2. Authorization - I can't authorize the PC, error message: "This action could not be completed. Try again"
    3. Sign in to account - I can't sign in with my apple ID through iTunes, same message ": "This action could not be completed. Try again"

I uninstalled and re-installed iTunes several times, I tried using a local windows account, linked hotmail windows login and running iTunes as administrator. Same errors. This is frustrating. Wondering if the community as encountered this with windows 11?

(As I can't authorize the new pc and this submission requires an authorized PC, the listed one is my old pc)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 9:37 AM

Thanks but nothing seemed to resolve the problem. Fortunately (I guess), it is a new PC build so I did a clean win 11 install. Reinstalled iTunes and now iTunes is fully working as it should. I guess when I did the original iTunes install, something was corrupted and that prevented it from working despite multiple un-installs and re-installs.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 9:37 AM in response to javaliga

Thanks but nothing seemed to resolve the problem. Fortunately (I guess), it is a new PC build so I did a clean win 11 install. Reinstalled iTunes and now iTunes is fully working as it should. I guess when I did the original iTunes install, something was corrupted and that prevented it from working despite multiple un-installs and re-installs.

Itunes in new pc: "You do not have enough access priviledges for this operation'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.