iMac Data Drive

Is there a hidden 'iMac-Data' drive on my iMac hard drive? My computer is so very slow and it shouldn't be.

I have a late 2015 iMac 27-inch desktop, and when I moved all my files from my previous Mac, I noticed there was an 'iMac-Data' drive that was accessible. I made another one on my desktop and that's where I store my files. However, now I cannot find the 'iMac-Data' drive on my hard drive, like it's hidden and unaccessible...

My question is this: IF I have two of the same drives, does this mean I have duplicate files that could be bogging down my Mac? It's the only thing I can think of that's hogging all the space.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. I'm not too tech savvy so please try to keep replies simple.

Thank you!!

iMac 27″

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 7:04 AM

You cannot make a drive. Hard disk drives are either installed inside a Mac, or connected to it with a cable.

I understand your Mac is performing poorly though. Please determine if it performs just as poorly in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 6, 2023 7:32 AM in response to MrsJones60

"Repair instructions" are what's required to fix a problem. As such, they are neither complicated nor easy, they simply exist.

How hard an instruction set is depends entirely on the mindset of the computer user. What may be majorly difficult to you may be incredibly simple to another user ... yet the instructions are the same.

I tell people who I help with problems, they needto learn the proper language, learn to at least describe accurately the problem and then work at understanding what is required,

Yes, I was a teacher ... several years for Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

iMac Data Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.