Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple App

I pay a subscription fee every month for an Apple account. I do not own a single Apple product. I do have iTunes

and have a large iTunes Music Library. Do I have to have this Apple account to listen to the music I purchased in my

iTunes Music Library or is just the iTunes app good? I can't see paying this fee every month, for what?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 10:06 AM

If you mean you pay for Apple Music subscription, then yes you need Apple Music subscription.

I can't see paying this fee every month, for what?

If you have received an invoice from Apple, on every invoice from the Apple Store and/or iTunes Store always states what you have purchased (and/or concerns a subscription) and the amount.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

Or try to ->  Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

Are you on Family Sharing? check your mail box.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 10:06 AM in response to MyaRose73

If you mean you pay for Apple Music subscription, then yes you need Apple Music subscription.

I can't see paying this fee every month, for what?

If you have received an invoice from Apple, on every invoice from the Apple Store and/or iTunes Store always states what you have purchased (and/or concerns a subscription) and the amount.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

Or try to ->  Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

Are you on Family Sharing? check your mail box.

Oct 6, 2023 10:57 AM in response to MyaRose73

I do have receipts for all the years I've been paying $10.99/monthly.

All these years I've been paying this $10.99/monthly fee to Apple and never knew why.

You can check the invoice from Apple, on every invoice from the Apple Store and/or iTunes Store always states what you have purchased (and/or concerns a subscription) and the amount.

For example: I have iCloud+ plan subscription, I can see that on the Invoice from Apple.

I thought I had to have this in order to play my iTunes music that I paid for every song. If I cancel, it I don't want to lose or not have access to my music anylonger.

If you only listen to your own music, regardless of whether you purchased it from the iTunes Store and/or have imported your own music collection CD/DVD to your computer, then you do not need an Apple Music subscription.

I also have my own music collection here and purchased music on my computer, and I do not have an Apple Music subscription.

You can use iTunes on your computer to listen to your own music, see -> Update to the latest version of iTunes

Update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows 10 – Apple Support (UK)

If you want to cancel your Apple Music subscription, see -> Manage subscriptions on Apple TV

Manage subscriptions on Apple TV – Apple Support (UK)

• You can modify or cancel subscriptions available on Apple TV, including Apple Music, Apple TV channels, Apple Arcade or individual apps.

My music is all I have to keep my happy.

Yes, for sure, music is very important to humans. I also listen to my own collection of music and/or the radio all day long.

Hopefully I explained it clearly for you.

You too Stay safe!

Oct 6, 2023 10:23 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I don't know how to explain what I'm trying to find out. I do have receipts for all the years I've been paying $10.99/monthly. I do not have a single APPLE product in my home. I only have iTunes with a Music Library of approximately 125 downloaded songs that have been paid for. Most of them downloaded from The Voice and the rest are my own favorites. Every song has been paid for at $1.99-$3.99. I listen to my music all the time on iTunes. I just don't know what I'm paying APPLE for? Is it just to purchase and download my music? If I cancel the subscription for Apple, will I lose my iTunes Music Library? You seem to know what you're talking about. I am so glad that someone has answered my concern. I hope you can answer my final question. I sure don't want to lose all my music I have paid for. I don't buy anymore songs but I still want to be able to listen to my music. Thank you so much for your supporting my concern.

Oct 6, 2023 10:27 AM in response to MyaRose73

Raicya really has lifted a load off my shoulders. All these years I've been paying this $10.99/monthly fee to Apple and never knew why. I thought I had to have this in order to play my iTunes music that I paid for every song. If I cancel, it I don't want to lose or not have access to my music anylonger. I'm afraid to cancel it. I want be sure I'm doing the right thing. Trying to get an answer from Apple was a real trip. Being handicapped is a problem in itself but to have this on top of it sure is difficult. My music is all I have to keep my happy. No one seemed to want to answer my questions. Thank you so much to Raicya. Stay safe!

Apple App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.