Hi, why is it that I don't have a setting menu on my Safari browser?

where can I find it? I have no menu bar on my Safari Browser

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 10:49 AM

You are in the Settings app. That's where you will find settings for the entire computer. You are right in thinking to look there, because that's where you would find Safari settings on an iPhone or an iPad.

However, on your computer, each app will have its own settings that are not in the Settings app.

Open up Safari, your browser. At the very top of your Mac's screen there should be a menu bar with an Apple logo in the very upper lefthand corner of the screen itself (not on the safari app window). If you don't see it, move your mouse to the very top of your screen, and you will see it pop down from there.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 10:49 AM in response to CatheMhm

You are in the Settings app. That's where you will find settings for the entire computer. You are right in thinking to look there, because that's where you would find Safari settings on an iPhone or an iPad.

However, on your computer, each app will have its own settings that are not in the Settings app.

Open up Safari, your browser. At the very top of your Mac's screen there should be a menu bar with an Apple logo in the very upper lefthand corner of the screen itself (not on the safari app window). If you don't see it, move your mouse to the very top of your screen, and you will see it pop down from there.

Oct 6, 2023 10:33 AM in response to CatheMhm

Most often with Mac apps, you'll find preference in settings in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen (you may have it hidden depending on your settings, but it's there if you move your mouse to the top of the screen). This Menu Bar changes depending on which app you currently have selected. When Safari is running, go to the Menu Bar and click "SafarI" and then click "Settings."

Or, you can typically access settings this way in most apps by using the keyboard shortcut Cmd + , (the command key and the comma key). This is the fastest way to get to settings in most apps!

Hi, why is it that I don't have a setting menu on my Safari browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.