Mac doesn't enter DFU mode

My Macbook pro 2018 doesn't enter DFU mode i have it plugged with a very good cord to may other Macbook Pro 2018 after like 20 tries it still didnt enter i tried multiple cable i have it plugged to the second left port i am pressing the power button for one seond then still holding the power button i add control option and the left shift also i am trying starting with all of these keys and holding them for 10 seconds

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:02 PM

Hi!

Here to help!

First: what is the issue, what's going on? Why do you want to go into recovery (sometimes called DFU, developer firmware update or something - it's actually Recovery).

If you really need to go into recovery, try this:

INTEL:

• shut down;
  • press power button;
  • immediately followed by OPTION + CMD + R (Internet Recovery)

If you, however, refer to Apple Configurator, to jumpstart the EFI (~BIOS, ...) Then:

Apple Configurator - Official Apple Support

Apple Configurator User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

If you need assistance, call applecare, they probably can transfer your call to Business dept of Apple's.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

RRD

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 7:02 PM in response to janekt2000

Hi!

Here to help!

First: what is the issue, what's going on? Why do you want to go into recovery (sometimes called DFU, developer firmware update or something - it's actually Recovery).

If you really need to go into recovery, try this:

INTEL:

• shut down;
  • press power button;
  • immediately followed by OPTION + CMD + R (Internet Recovery)

If you, however, refer to Apple Configurator, to jumpstart the EFI (~BIOS, ...) Then:

Apple Configurator - Official Apple Support

Apple Configurator User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

If you need assistance, call applecare, they probably can transfer your call to Business dept of Apple's.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

RRD

Mac doesn't enter DFU mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.