Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My iPhone can’t activate touch id

it says that touch id is unavailable

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:26 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad , I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 1:26 AM in response to Teboho_Matsoks

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad , I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Oct 7, 2023 1:23 AM in response to Teboho_Matsoks

"My iPhone can’t activate touch id: it says that touch id is unavailable"

-------

Troubleshooting the Touch Bar:

I take it you have a Touch BarGo Here: If Touch ID isn't Working on your Mac - Apple Support

No Success?

Use an External Keyboard:

If so, use an external keyboard for this. Use [ctrl + F1] for a PC keyboard. This would be the adapter to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

My iPhone can’t activate touch id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.