Activation of Facetime

since I had changed my phone number i had tried to activate my Facetime and iMessage but it is not working.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 12:43 AM

Re: since I had changed my phone number i had tried to activate my Facetime and iMessage but it is not working.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in as well as the contact, payment, and security details you use across Apple services.

We don't know if your Apple ID is an eMail address as is usual, or not.

In a few countries it may be your phone number.

If it is scroll down to: "Change your Apple ID to a different mobile phone number" in the article below:

Use your mobile phone number as your Apple ID - Apple Support

___________________________________________________________________________)

NB: You may need to add the new phone number first before you can delete the old one.

✽ Check that you are signed in to your iPhone with your Apple ID and have all the correct details listed there.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

or

You may want to sign in to your Apple ID account online to update the phone number there:

https://appleid.apple.com/

If needed: How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

You may need to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support (deletes temporary files, & etc.) to see the update.

or

If needed: Allow 24 hours for the update to take effect wherever it applies.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: i had tried to activate my Facetime and iMessage but it is not working.

if you have been using the apps ok before:

You may need to sign out of FaceTime and Messages, and sign back in after your Apple ID details update.

✽ How to: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Else: Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support. / Get started with FaceTime on iPhone - Apple Support

Trouble-shooting: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone - Apple Support

More support if needed: (info. / support / contact options)

Messages Support website:

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

FaceTime Support website:

FaceTime - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 12:43 AM in response to seif165

Re: since I had changed my phone number i had tried to activate my Facetime and iMessage but it is not working.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in as well as the contact, payment, and security details you use across Apple services.

We don't know if your Apple ID is an eMail address as is usual, or not.

In a few countries it may be your phone number.

If it is scroll down to: "Change your Apple ID to a different mobile phone number" in the article below:

Use your mobile phone number as your Apple ID - Apple Support

___________________________________________________________________________)

NB: You may need to add the new phone number first before you can delete the old one.

✽ Check that you are signed in to your iPhone with your Apple ID and have all the correct details listed there.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

or

You may want to sign in to your Apple ID account online to update the phone number there:

https://appleid.apple.com/

If needed: How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

You may need to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support (deletes temporary files, & etc.) to see the update.

or

If needed: Allow 24 hours for the update to take effect wherever it applies.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: i had tried to activate my Facetime and iMessage but it is not working.

if you have been using the apps ok before:

You may need to sign out of FaceTime and Messages, and sign back in after your Apple ID details update.

✽ How to: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Else: Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support. / Get started with FaceTime on iPhone - Apple Support

Trouble-shooting: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone - Apple Support

More support if needed: (info. / support / contact options)

Messages Support website:

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

FaceTime Support website:

FaceTime - Official Apple Support

Activation of Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.