Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Cannot Connect when searching in App store

I just activated a brand new 128gig iPhone 14 iOS 17.0.3 and have found when I use the App store search bar I am unable to see any results. For example, I search on the word food (or any word) and receive the message 'Cannot Connect Something went wrong. Please try again'. There is a blue Retry field when tapped just continues to produce the same Cannot Connect message. Also, when I tap on any of the selections under the Discover section (puzzle games, sticker maker, etc), they also produce the same Cannot Connect message. Yet if I tap GET under any of the Suggested apps, they start to download without issue. My local AT+T store has apparently never seen this before and blames iOS 17.0.3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 6:30 AM

I had this same problem with a migration from iphone 12 to iphone 14plus, and Apple support had me do all the "documented solutions" including a reset network settings, no improvement. Then suggested that a reset all settings might help, that fixed the apple store issue and Apple said it was a documented problem with no cause or resolution known, just the reset all settings workaround. I had to fix all my settings that were lost. That took a few days to find everything and get back to normal. However, now I get the same Something went wrong error when a chrome link tries to connect to the apple store, and from within any apps that try to link to the apple store. Those same browser links work fine in Safari so it is somehow related to Chrome. So I deleted and reinstalled Chrome. No luck. Searched the Chrome help pages and it seems to be an undocumented error so found nothing. I know if I contact Apple Support they will want me to reset all settings again and not willing to go through all that work again putting all settings back. So.... I do not know where to go next.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2023 6:30 AM in response to mousoom

I had this same problem with a migration from iphone 12 to iphone 14plus, and Apple support had me do all the "documented solutions" including a reset network settings, no improvement. Then suggested that a reset all settings might help, that fixed the apple store issue and Apple said it was a documented problem with no cause or resolution known, just the reset all settings workaround. I had to fix all my settings that were lost. That took a few days to find everything and get back to normal. However, now I get the same Something went wrong error when a chrome link tries to connect to the apple store, and from within any apps that try to link to the apple store. Those same browser links work fine in Safari so it is somehow related to Chrome. So I deleted and reinstalled Chrome. No luck. Searched the Chrome help pages and it seems to be an undocumented error so found nothing. I know if I contact Apple Support they will want me to reset all settings again and not willing to go through all that work again putting all settings back. So.... I do not know where to go next.

Oct 7, 2023 10:46 PM in response to 5ft19

Re: Cannot Connect when searching in App store

Wondering whether you are signed in (to your new iPhone) with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

You could check there are no restrictions set for App Store purchases:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone - Apple Support

Apple support also have this article online:

What to do: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

App Store Support has a website online: (info. / support / contact options etc)

App Store - Official Apple Support

Nov 23, 2023 4:50 AM in response to 5ft19

i am having the exact same issue with a brand new iPhone 14 Plus from Verizon. All check points listed by Apple on troubleshooting guidelines are met. Internet connection is 5G. But, the App Store still does not allow apps to be downloaded. Says “Cannot Connect something went wrong. Pleaee try again.”

pleaee advise if you were able to get the issue resolved. And if so, what were the steps?

many thanks in advance.

Cannot Connect when searching in App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.