Synching iPhone to same library on new computer

My iPhone currently has music synced via wire to my old computer.

I have moved my music library to my new computer.

Do I need to remove all my music files from my iPhone before syncing it with my new computer?

What steps should I take?

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 2:14 PM

Follow the steps in:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

See also How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support for Apple's approach to this topic.

The first time you sync your iPhone to the new computer, iTunes may erase the music currently on your iPhone and then "recopy" the music from the library on the new computer. (You can only sync the library on your iPhone to one computer's library at a time.). This will happen automatically and you don't need to remove the music from your iPhone manually.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 2:14 PM in response to nueve_leon

Follow the steps in:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

See also How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support for Apple's approach to this topic.

The first time you sync your iPhone to the new computer, iTunes may erase the music currently on your iPhone and then "recopy" the music from the library on the new computer. (You can only sync the library on your iPhone to one computer's library at a time.). This will happen automatically and you don't need to remove the music from your iPhone manually.

Synching iPhone to same library on new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.