Msg I didn’t type waiting to be sent

Texting with a friend last night, left thread open & phone plugged in overnight. This AM a message supposedly typed by me was waiting to be sent. It was “666 you sure you don’t wanna know”.

I didn’t type this, it’s not like anything I’d say and no one else was in the house.

Any answers about how this happens? I know from old threads similar things have been reported. I have an iPhone XS using 16.6.1.

is this an iOS problem? Is there any way this could be caused by the person I was texting with?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 5:06 PM

Hello Brock807,

Some possibilities could include things like the Dictation button (microphone icon) being tapped on and then having audio that was playing at the time, such as from a TV/song/etc. being transcribed into the text box.

It's also possible that the predictive text options that appear just above the keyboard may have been accidentally selected.

As a note the latest version of iOS will be iOS 17.0.3, which includes various features, improvements and fixes. This page can help update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You may also learn more about iOS 17 here: iOS 17 - Apple

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 5:06 PM in response to Brock807

Hello Brock807,

Some possibilities could include things like the Dictation button (microphone icon) being tapped on and then having audio that was playing at the time, such as from a TV/song/etc. being transcribed into the text box.

It's also possible that the predictive text options that appear just above the keyboard may have been accidentally selected.

As a note the latest version of iOS will be iOS 17.0.3, which includes various features, improvements and fixes. This page can help update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You may also learn more about iOS 17 here: iOS 17 - Apple

Cheers.

Msg I didn’t type waiting to be sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.