Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Recently Opened Menu Bug

I have a Watch Series 9 and watchOS 10.0.2 installed in it. When I double-tap the digital crown to open recently opened apps menu, and instantly swipe one of the apps to the left shows the closing (x) button like it does normally, but the app I'm swiping left goes back to its original position with no animations whatsoever. I don't think this is intended because it looks and acts weird.

Apple Watch Series 9

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:07 PM

Unfortunately, I unpaired and re-paired and I still face the same issue. I'm not a fluent english speaker, so I don't know how to explain my problem with better words.

But simply, when I try to close apps right after opening the Recently Opened Apps menu, after swiping an app (before the menu opening animation completes, so I mean i'm swiping to left before the sliding animation finishes.) it waits until the apps sliding animation to be fully completed, and the app that was swiped to left goes back to it's normal position so it prevents me to close the app, basically forcing me to re-do the swiping.

It doesn't sound like a big deal, but every time when I'm close open apps, I face the same thing over and over again, so it starts to become annoying. I hope it gets fixed ASAP unless it's something that's because of my watch.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 1:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Unfortunately, I unpaired and re-paired and I still face the same issue. I'm not a fluent english speaker, so I don't know how to explain my problem with better words.

But simply, when I try to close apps right after opening the Recently Opened Apps menu, after swiping an app (before the menu opening animation completes, so I mean i'm swiping to left before the sliding animation finishes.) it waits until the apps sliding animation to be fully completed, and the app that was swiped to left goes back to it's normal position so it prevents me to close the app, basically forcing me to re-do the swiping.

It doesn't sound like a big deal, but every time when I'm close open apps, I face the same thing over and over again, so it starts to become annoying. I hope it gets fixed ASAP unless it's something that's because of my watch.

Apple Watch Recently Opened Menu Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.