What does it mean when my charging cord that is plugged into my macbook pro is orange but the battery is at full?

I plugged in my MacBook charging cord and it is orange yet my computer is saying the battery is at full power. What does the cord showing orange mean? Should I be concerned about this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 10:22 AM

The charger may have failed. Are you using the charger and cord that came with the MacBook Pro, or some other non-Apple solution?

Remove the charging cord and the charger from the power source. Shutdown, and then reboot the Mac. Reconnect the charger and charging cable to the MacBook Pro. Any change in the power cord light status (e.g. now green), or the battery charge indicator on the Mac Book Pro?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 10:22 AM in response to blueboyblonde

The charger may have failed. Are you using the charger and cord that came with the MacBook Pro, or some other non-Apple solution?

Remove the charging cord and the charger from the power source. Shutdown, and then reboot the Mac. Reconnect the charger and charging cable to the MacBook Pro. Any change in the power cord light status (e.g. now green), or the battery charge indicator on the Mac Book Pro?

What does it mean when my charging cord that is plugged into my macbook pro is orange but the battery is at full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.