System settings. Change wallpaper crawsh

Running an iMac Pro, Ventura 13.5.2. Struggling with interface, specifically saturation, contrast, and other visual clues. Have worked with System Settings: Appearance, Accessibility, Wallpaper. Appearance gives only two choices: Light/Dark. No control over contrast, other colors, definition, etc.

When trying to work with Wallpaper, I generally can do a few things then it goes blank and displays this notification. ( below) Move on to other settings, then come back, and it's available again. I am using my photos from a folder in Lr for the images.

Anyone with a clue what's happening. Doesn't seem to be anything else acting up.

iMac Pro, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 2:46 PM

OnTheRez wrote:

Running an iMac Pro, Ventura 13.5.2.

Struggling with interface, specifically saturation, contrast, and other visual clues. Have worked with System Settings: Appearance, Accessibility, Wallpaper. Appearance gives only two choices: Light/Dark. No control over contrast, other colors, definition, etc.

When trying to work with Wallpaper, I generally can do a few things then it goes blank and displays this notification. ( below) Move on to other settings, then come back, and it's available again. I am using my photos from a folder in Lr for the images.

Anyone with a clue what's happening. Doesn't seem to be anything else acting up.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/29bca71b-d1e6-43f9-8635-0fa2376a8468

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6— I would start there and compare your results

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 2:46 PM in response to OnTheRez

OnTheRez wrote:

Running an iMac Pro, Ventura 13.5.2.

Struggling with interface, specifically saturation, contrast, and other visual clues. Have worked with System Settings: Appearance, Accessibility, Wallpaper. Appearance gives only two choices: Light/Dark. No control over contrast, other colors, definition, etc.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/29bca71b-d1e6-43f9-8635-0fa2376a8468

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6— I would start there and compare your results

Oct 9, 2023 10:42 AM in response to OnTheRez

If all else fails give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

System settings. Change wallpaper crawsh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.