Uppercase Indicator Sonoma - Disable

I want that little arrow indicating my caps lock is on to be gone. I need to use uppercase letters in an Excel spreadsheet and that thing is blocking my text. TBH I know my caps lock is on - there is a light so indicating, so get thee hence little arrow.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:18 PM

DesertRosec wrote:

I want that little arrow indicating my caps lock is on to be gone. I need to use uppercase letters in an Excel spreadsheet and that thing is blocking my text. TBH I know my caps lock is on - there is a light so indicating, so get thee hence little arrow.

Click on the caps lock symbol will shut it off, the very next time you turn on caps lock ( to work in all caps) it will remain off for the duration, until you hit caps lock again.

this is how it works, for 1-cycle . At this point there is no user setting to permanently remove this new feature.

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 1:18 PM in response to DesertRosec

DesertRosec wrote:

Click on the caps lock symbol will shut it off, the very next time you turn on caps lock ( to work in all caps) it will remain off for the duration, until you hit caps lock again.

this is how it works, for 1-cycle . At this point there is no user setting to permanently remove this new feature.

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Uppercase Indicator Sonoma - Disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.