How do I receive phone calls on iPhone that are not in my contacts?

I want to receive phone calls that are not in my contacts. I am using an iPhone.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 3:41 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2023 3:45 PM in response to Notincontacts

Did you check the settings from the support article viewed at the top of this page?

Check your iPhone settings

1. Turn Airplane Mode on and off. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
  2. Check Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's off. Learn how to use Focus on your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.
  4. Check Call Forwarding. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.
  5. Check Silence Unknown Callers. Go to Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. If the setting is on, a caller must be listed in your Contacts or Recents. Or they must have shared their number in Mail or sent you a message using that number in order for their call to go through. Add their number to Contacts to ensure the phone rings. Calls from some third-party apps might not go through.

The most likely reason is step 5, where the phone is set to silence all unknown callers.

How do I receive phone calls on iPhone that are not in my contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.