Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Applecare+ on scratches.

Everywhere I look gives me a different answer. I have a scratch on my screen and I want the screen replaced. Will I need to pay the full £389 or £25 with AppleCare+ accidental damage fee.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Contact Apple directly and ask. If it’s just a cosmetic issue (doesn’t actually affect the ability to use you screen versus an actual crack) they may not cover it and you would have to pay the full amount for a replacement.

3 replies

Oct 8, 2023 9:00 AM in response to vensturman

AppleCare does not cover cosmetic issues. And it would truly not be worth paying the full price to replace the screen on your iPhone. Especially if you don't use a screen protector, meaning a new screen will likely scratch again.

The simplest and least expensive thing you can do is to put a good quality screen protector on your phone, which will likely hide the scratch you've gotten and prevent any future scratches.

Applecare+ on scratches.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.