Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

What does « Totals » means on the Fitness app ?

Hi ! 👋

when checking my Apple Watch data last time, I noticed something under the graphics of each category (Calories, exercise and Stand) which is respectively « Total __h__min » ; « Total __h__min » and « __h Idle Hours ». What does that stand for ?

I acknowledged that the one for calories means the TOTAL calories (exercise + rest ones) (thanks internet) but didn’t find anything for the two others… can somebody enlighten me ? 😆

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 1:06 PM

To resume :

— Total Calories = Active + Resting burned calories ;

— Total Minutes = Time between the first and last minute of activity ;

— Idle Hours = Number of hours wearing the Apple Watch without earning the stand credit

Have a good day ! ✌️

3 replies

Oct 8, 2023 1:06 PM in response to TheMysterious_M

Oh I think I found ! (Yes I’m talking to myself and what)

based on an idea coming from a Reddit post and some calculus on my recent activities, it looks like it’s the time elapsed between your first and last minute of exercise

(you can check this better on the Health app, it’s clearly impossible to understand which point or ray correspond to which hour on the fitness app 🙄)

If I’m wrong, tell me !

hope this may help some others…

What does « Totals » means on the Fitness app ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.