Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

My contacts have disappeared after getting the message “ Messages in iCloud not available as iCloud and iMessage accounts do not match”

I got the “do not match message” before I was going to “reset” my iPhone SE 1st generation to hopefully help it run better. I’m up to date on all iOS updates, 15.7.9

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 5:30 PM

You are getting that error notification because your iPhone is signed with the Apple ID that is different from the Apple ID that is used to sign in to iMessages. Use the same Apple ID (that you had the contacts with) for both and the error notification will go away and the contacts should be back.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 5:30 PM in response to resarita

You are getting that error notification because your iPhone is signed with the Apple ID that is different from the Apple ID that is used to sign in to iMessages. Use the same Apple ID (that you had the contacts with) for both and the error notification will go away and the contacts should be back.

Axel F.

My contacts have disappeared after getting the message “ Messages in iCloud not available as iCloud and iMessage accounts do not match”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.