You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 boots Apple logo 1/2 second then shut down

The issue is that I am getting the Apple logo for 1/2 second at boot then shut down. Only way to solve is to “revive” via Apple connector on an other Mac in DFU mode and reinstall the system. But the issue occurs again few hours or days latter after a regular shut down.

For about a week I am experiencing a “brick” with my MacBook Pro 16 inch 2021 with Monterey and Ventura:

Suddenly, after normal shutting down via Apple menu, when power it up again it does not. Eventually after several try pushing the power button I am able to get the Apple logo for 1/2 second before it shut down again.

I was able to “revive” the Mac from an other Mac connected via cable using Apple Connector and getting the DFU mode.

Once I am able to reinstall the system, I am able to copy my file from a backup.

But this issue happened again 4 times already.

I reinstalled alternatively Monterey and Ventura and both had the same issue.

Today I purchased a new MacBook Pro 16 at the store in NYC. It came with Ventura. After reinstalling all my files via Apple migration, it asked me to run an OS update on Ventura.

After it finished downloading the update and preparing the installation it shut down and never switch on again. It pressed the power button and got the same issue:

the Apple logo for 1/2 seconds before it shut down.

This was on a brand new MacBook Pro M1 purchased at the store today.

The same issue also occurred while reinstalling Ventura after I was able to “revive” my original MacBook Pro via Apple connector. At the end of the installation of Ventura the computer shut down and I got the Apple logo at start up for 1/2 second. It never even started the “welcome” process.

I am at lost at what causes this issue.

Any one having this issue recently?

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 6:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:07 AM

Thanks, Eric_G1.

Actually, my issue is the MacBook Pro being "bricked". The Apple logo appears only 1/2 second. The only way to solve the issue is to run Apple Configurator on another Mac, get the DFU mode and do a "revive". No other solution.

The question is how/why the MacBook Pro gets "bricked" in the first place. It had always occurred after shutting down the Mac from the Apple menu. It occurred 5 times in the last 10 days. And I have no explanation to why is happening.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Eric_G1

Thanks, Eric_G1.

Actually, my issue is the MacBook Pro being "bricked". The Apple logo appears only 1/2 second. The only way to solve the issue is to run Apple Configurator on another Mac, get the DFU mode and do a "revive". No other solution.

The question is how/why the MacBook Pro gets "bricked" in the first place. It had always occurred after shutting down the Mac from the Apple menu. It occurred 5 times in the last 10 days. And I have no explanation to why is happening.

Oct 9, 2023 3:41 PM in response to flamentch

Hello flamentch,

This page here can help out with providing some steps and information that may be able to resolve things for that type of issue: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

If your Mac is stuck on this screen or keeps restarting
If startup never progresses beyond an Apple logo or progress bar:
1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
• Every Mac has a power button. On laptop computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
2. Turn your Mac back on. 
3. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then unplug all nonessential accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, and USB hubs. You could have an issue with one or more of those devices or their cables. 
4. Turn your Mac back on.
5. If the issue persists, once again press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. 
6. Repair your startup disk as described in How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility.
7. If the issue persists, reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery.
If you need help, contact Apple Support.

You may also try booting the Mac up in safe mode to see if this allows you to reach the desktop successfully: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Cheers.

MacBook Pro M1 boots Apple logo 1/2 second then shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.