Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How do I download this on my iPad nine

My iPhone 13 promax will not transfer all of my apps and data because it’s a 17.03 how do I download that on my iPad that’s only have 16.25 generation nin

how download this on my I pad 9

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 2:01 AM

These support pages should get you started with setup of your iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from between devices:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If the donor iPad/iPhone, from which you are transferring your data precedes iOS12.4, QuickStart will not be available.

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Apps are not directly transferred between devices. For Apps, the transfer process creates a record of the Apps that are installed on the donor/source device - and it is this record of installed Apps that is transferred to the target/destination device. For Apps that are still available for download from the App Store, the corresponding Apps are automatically downloaded and installed from the App Store.

Not all Apps will necessarily, continue to be available or compatible with the target. Apps may have been removed or retired from the App Store by the respective App Developer. Some Apps may have been abandoned - and/or may not be compatible with the target device. Where a compatible App is not available, you’ll not be able to transfer/install the App.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 2:01 AM in response to Shannonhas

These support pages should get you started with setup of your iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from between devices:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If the donor iPad/iPhone, from which you are transferring your data precedes iOS12.4, QuickStart will not be available.

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Apps are not directly transferred between devices. For Apps, the transfer process creates a record of the Apps that are installed on the donor/source device - and it is this record of installed Apps that is transferred to the target/destination device. For Apps that are still available for download from the App Store, the corresponding Apps are automatically downloaded and installed from the App Store.

Not all Apps will necessarily, continue to be available or compatible with the target. Apps may have been removed or retired from the App Store by the respective App Developer. Some Apps may have been abandoned - and/or may not be compatible with the target device. Where a compatible App is not available, you’ll not be able to transfer/install the App.

How do I download this on my iPad nine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.