I think my iPhone has a virus any help on finding it and deleting it

every so often I will receive a message from a unknown source asking, continue details or cancel. I believe it’s a random hack that has enter my phone from the web. I usually select cancel or details but details just say unknown or untrusted. I can’t screenshot it or it just doesn’t work. When I try screenshot the warning disappears. Any help is appreciated

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 2:05 AM

See -> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

⤵️ 

If you receive a suspicious email or SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please email it to reportphishing@apple.com.1

If you receive a suspicious FaceTime call or link to a FaceTime call in Messages or Mail, please email a screenshot of the call information or link to reportfacetimefraud@apple.com.

⤵️

How to report suspicious emails, messages, and calls

• If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.1
  • If you receive a suspicious FaceTime call (for example, from what looks like a bank or financial institution), email a screenshot of the call information to reportfacetimefraud@apple.com. To find the call information, open FaceTime and tap the More Info button  next to the suspicious call.
  • If you receive a suspicious link to a FaceTime call in Messages or Mail, email a screenshot of the link to reportfacetimefraud@apple.com. The screenshot should include the phone number or email address that sent the link.
  • To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through Messages, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls.
  • Report scam phone calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 2:05 AM in response to over145

See -> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

⤵️ 

If you receive a suspicious email or SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please email it to reportphishing@apple.com.1

If you receive a suspicious FaceTime call or link to a FaceTime call in Messages or Mail, please email a screenshot of the call information or link to reportfacetimefraud@apple.com.

⤵️

How to report suspicious emails, messages, and calls

• If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.1
  • If you receive a suspicious FaceTime call (for example, from what looks like a bank or financial institution), email a screenshot of the call information to reportfacetimefraud@apple.com. To find the call information, open FaceTime and tap the More Info button  next to the suspicious call.
  • If you receive a suspicious link to a FaceTime call in Messages or Mail, email a screenshot of the link to reportfacetimefraud@apple.com. The screenshot should include the phone number or email address that sent the link.
  • To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through Messages, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls.
  • Report scam phone calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

I think my iPhone has a virus any help on finding it and deleting it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.