Error message when trying to create child account

Hi all,

My aunt and cousins’ phones are all connected under her Apple ID. We are trying to disconnect them so they don’t keep getting each others messages and syncing their photos to each others phones.

I’m trying to set up a child account for my youngest cousin, we’ve got past creating a password. But this error message comes up after it asks to choose a phone number to get new device sign in alerts to.

Any ideas what this means? Or should I contact Apple directly?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 9:27 AM

If you see a 'Could Not Create Apple ID' or 'Could Not Set Up iCloud' message, read this article --> If you see a Could Not Create Apple ID or Could Not Set Up iCloud message - Apple Support

If nothing in there seems to help, then for a generic or numeric "error" message I suggest you contact Apple. Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 9:27 AM in response to pixiehabits

If you see a 'Could Not Create Apple ID' or 'Could Not Set Up iCloud' message, read this article --> If you see a Could Not Create Apple ID or Could Not Set Up iCloud message - Apple Support

If nothing in there seems to help, then for a generic or numeric "error" message I suggest you contact Apple. Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Error message when trying to create child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.