I’ve canceled my subscription and it still wants to charge me?

It’s so frustrating

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 6:39 AM

What wants to charge you?

If there was a billing problem with something, and a charge is pending, it will try to complete until it can successfully do so. You cannot prevent this.

Your payment method will be unverified and you will not be able to use the iTunes and app store services until you verify the payment method, and whatever is pending can successfully complete.

If you cancelled a subscription 24 hours before it was set to renew, then Apple states it may still charge you, at which point you must let it complete, otherwise your account will be in bad standing.

Once it completes correctly you can request a refund for it by clicking here ➜ contact Apple Support to request a refund for a subscription

If there is no pending charge, then verifying your payment method will not charge you, only place an authorization hold on your payment method temporarily to verify it. It should be reversed shortly after.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 6:39 AM in response to brynee192

What wants to charge you?

If there was a billing problem with something, and a charge is pending, it will try to complete until it can successfully do so. You cannot prevent this.

Your payment method will be unverified and you will not be able to use the iTunes and app store services until you verify the payment method, and whatever is pending can successfully complete.

If you cancelled a subscription 24 hours before it was set to renew, then Apple states it may still charge you, at which point you must let it complete, otherwise your account will be in bad standing.

Once it completes correctly you can request a refund for it by clicking here ➜ contact Apple Support to request a refund for a subscription

If there is no pending charge, then verifying your payment method will not charge you, only place an authorization hold on your payment method temporarily to verify it. It should be reversed shortly after.

I’ve canceled my subscription and it still wants to charge me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.